Vegetarian Soup Recipes for Your Kids
Do your kids always turn down the spoon when you feed them vegetable foods? Kids mostly tend to only eat foods they love such as sweets or snacks. So, it’s all depends on Moms how to create appetizing vegetarian recipes. Here, we give you the 2 appetizing vegetarian soup recipes for kids.
Alphabet Veggie Soup
One of the recommended vegetarian recipes for kids is alphabet veggie soup. If your kids in the stage of learning alphabet, you can turn the meal time become fun while finding the words from the soup.
• 1 cup small alphabet pasta
• 1 cup small diced carrots
• 1 cup small diced potatoes
• 1 cup 1-inch lengths cut green beans
• 1 cup diced ripe tomato
• 1 cup green peas
• 1 cup corn
• 1 tbs virgin olive oil
• 32-ounce low-sodium vegetable broth
• ¼ tsp paprika
• ¼ tsp dried dill
1. Add olive oil to the saucepan, heat over medium heat. Add and sauté the diced carrots for 5 minutes.
2. Next, put alphabet pasta, potatoes, green beans, corn, broth, paprika and dill to the saucepan. Boil and then simmer the ingredients gently for about 15 minutes. Cover the saucepan until the carrots and potatoes become tender.
3. Then put the tomatoes and peas. Simmer again for 5 minutes.
4. If the broth looks too curdle, you can pour a little more water. Stir them well and cook until the heat through.
Hearty Pasta Veggie Soup
• 2 cup short shape pasta
• 2 large carrots, chopped
• 2 med potatoes, diced
• 2 stalks celery, chopped
• 1 can diced tomatoes
• 1 cup green peas
• 1 tbs olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ cup fresh parsley
• Several basil leaves, sliced
• 1 small zucchini, sliced
• ½ tsp of oregano, paprika, and dried basil
• Salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in the saucepan, use medium-low heat. Put onion and garlic, sauté until golden-yellow.
2. Add potatoes, carrots, and celery. Pour 4 cups of water and bring to a slow boil.
3. Put tomatoes and other seasonings, stir and simmer gently about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
4. In other pot, boil the pasta separately until al dente and drain.
5. In the soup, add green peas and zucchini. Simmer again for 10 minutes.
6. Put the cooked pasta to the soup. Stir and pour some water if necessary.
7. Add basil and parsley. You can add salt and pepper for more seasoning.
Appetizing foods for kids are all about the appearance which including color and plating then the taste. You can apply 2 vegetarian recipes for your kids above on your daily menu. Sure, your kids will pick their spoon right away when see what’s on the plates.