Beans for Vegetarian Soup Recipes
Beans are one of the best food sources for vegetarian recipes when having diet. It contains with high fiber and protein that help you in losing weight. You can follow the vegetarian soup recipes for weight loss which contain with healthy beans below.
White Bean Soup
White beans have the ability to lower the glycemic index which control the carbohydrates increase high blood sugar. White bean soup for vegetarian recipes here contains 258 calories in one serving.
• 1 pound of dried white beans
• 2 large onions
• 2 large carrots
• 2 stalks celery
• 2 large ripe tomatoes
• 2 tbs virgin olive oil
• 2 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 quart water
• Ground pepper
1. Before start to cook, soaked the white beans in the water overnight then drain.
2. Chopped the carrots, onion, and celery
3. Peeled and mashed the ripe tomatoes. Or you can replace with 1 tsp tomato paste
4. Boil the beans about 1 ½ hours until tender, then drain.
5. With medium heat, heat oil in the soup pot.
6. Sauté carrots, onions, and celery for 5 minutes, the pour the water.
7. Add cooked beans, tomatoes, salt, cayenne, oregano, and enough pepper. Simmer gently about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
8. Adjust the seasonings then serve on a plate.
Black Bean and Sweet Potatoes Soup
Black bean is the source of fiber and protein to boost your energy and keep your satiety. In the black bean and sweet potatoes soup, you have 307 calories intake in one serving.
• 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
• 1 large sweet potato, diced
• 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 tbs+2 tsp olive oil
• 4 cloves minced garlic
• 1 large diced garlic
• 4 tsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp chili powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tsp ground chipotle Chile
• 4 tsp lime juice
• ½ cup chopped cilantro
• 2 ½ cup water
1. Use medium-high heat to heat oil in Dutch oven. Cook sweet potato and onion about 4 minutes until the onion turn softer.
2. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chipotle. Stir constantly for about 30 seconds. Pour the water and simmer gently.
3. Reduce the heat and cook for about 10-12 minutes until the sweet potato tender. Cover the oven.
4. Put beans, lime juice, and tomatoes. Turn back the heat to high and stir often.
5. Reduce the heat again and simmer about 5 minutes.
6. Last, simmer down and stir with the cilantro.
You can choose the white beans and black bean soup above to be added in your dietary menu plan. Fill your stomach and lose some weight with healthy vegetarian recipes.