Serve these healthy fish recipes for your family or make barbecue yard party with grilled and bake your fish. Why you need to consume fish in your diet? First, if you want to have body and heart good, this is perfect alternative for you. Eating fish at least two portion a week, especially when the fish is cold water species that contain high omega 3 fatty acid, benefit to reduce the heart problem risk in significant. The other research also shows that eating omega 3 in rich fish are able to prevent joint problems, Alzheimer and relieve depression. Even, seafood types such as crabs and scallops are rich in nutrients with lean and healthful nature.
Fish is food with rich protein that important for muscles grow and repairing. Eating right amount from protein can provide the essential amino acid. Amino acid is important for your body since your body always renewing cells and continually building that need this amino acid to do. Our body is unable to produce amino acid. Therefore, we need to get this protein from our diet. We need at least take one portion of oily fish such as trout, salmon, mackerel, and pilchard. The oily fish is good source for omega 3 and fatty acids that good for heart health. Salmon has high content in Vitamin D that our body need to absorb calcium into our bone to makes bone strong and healthy. Vitamin B 12 in Salmon is important for nervous system and metabolic to function properly. Vitamin B12 also needs to make red blood cells. White fish content with minerals that control out metabolism.
Fish Recipes for Kids
Kids sometimes take hard to take fish dishes. However, do not worry because with these fish recipes, your kid will love to eat fish. To make fish dishes for your kid, you need to be creative start from the taste until the serving. Interesting serve plate with delicious taste can attract your kid to taste fish dishes. For example, this sea bass in puff pastry made with fish shape puff pastry that makes it look great to serve in a plate. There is sea bass in puff pastry cooking direction.
– 60 gram small cooked prawns.
– 2 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
– 1 tbsp olive oil, take more oil for greasing
– 1 large beaten egg
– 2 tbsp milk
– Plain flour to dust
– 500 gram puff pastry, halved
– 1 kg sea bass, filleted
– Green salad for serve
– Ingredients for Salsa verse; 1 small bunch of basil, 1 small bunch of mint, 1 small bunch of parsley, 2 cloves garlic, 6 cornichons, 2 tbsp caper, 5 tbsp anchovy fillets, 5 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar.
Direction to Cook :
- Preheat your oven into 225 degree C. Mix prawns, tarragon and olive oil in small mixing bowl to season generously. For egg wash, whisk the egg with milk in other small bowl and set aside.
- Flour the work pan surface lightly and roll out the half of pastry to a rectangular shape about 5 mm thick and 10 cm longer than your fillet fish. Transfer to oiled baking tin.
- Place one fillet skin side down into pastry. Leave little more space at the end for shaping the tail fish. Spoon the prawn and tarragon mixture over the fish and place other fish fillet to the top. Brush the pastry edges using egg wash.
- Roll out the remaining puff pastry into same size and use the pastry to cover the fish. Press the pastry edges to seal them carefully. Use small and sharp knife, trim the excess and create fish shape. After that, use teaspoon to score the half moon shapes in pastry to make fish scales style carefully to prevent pierce pastry.
- Roll out the remaining off cut pastry into 1 cm thick. Cut out the few strips in the edge to shape the fish fins and tears off a small piece and roll into fish eyeball. Build the fish shape and brush with remaining egg wash and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature into 220 degree C and cook for more 20 minutes until the pastry get gold color and fish is well cooked.
- Prepare the salsa verde by roughly chop the entire herb leaves into large chopping board. Add garlic, capers, anchovies and cornichons. Continue chop all ingredients until it get fine and mix. Transfer into mixing bowl and stir in olive oil and vinegar and season it well.
- For finals serve, transfer into platter and serve with salad and salsa verde.
The other fish recipe that great for your kid fish eating is codtastic burgers. This is best for kid that loves to go fast food restaurant. When you serve this homemade burger, you can get healthy food that leaves the bad fast food myth with bad fatty content.
-2 cod fillet fish
2 tbsp red curry paste
2 tbsp coriander
2 dashes lime juice
2 dashes fish sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
4 springs onion
Direction to make :
- mince the fish fillet in food processor with red curry paste, brown sugar, lime juice, coriander and fish sauce.
- Spoon into mixing bowl and season with peppers, salt and mix with chopped onions springs.
- Divide the mixture into 4 each and shape into burgers. Roll the mixture into ball before you next flatten between your hands to create burger patties. Store the patties in refrigerator for next 2 hours to get best result of uncooked burgers.
- to cook the burger, grill in high heat or barbeque for approximately 3 minutes for each side. You also able to use fry pan for medium heat to take a bit of color in each side.
- Serve the toasted burger bun with salad.
*if you difficult to find codfish, you can use other white fish such as coley, haddock, hake, and ling.
Fish Recipes for Weight Loss
Are you considering losing your weight with higher protein diet? Fish are high in protein and content with low fat and calories. If you do, you can create this fish recipe for weight loss. As stated previously that health expert recommended eating fish or seafood twice a week. Therefore, grab tuna for your lunch sandwich or get tilapia for night dinner. For portion sizes, stick into 3 ounces fatty fish, such as salmon and tuna and take 4 ounces white fish such as tilapia, shellfish or sole. For serving fish, it is best to bake, grill or broil fish and seasoning to add taste and flavor. Avoid fish that cook with butter, or anything with creamy.
This grilled trout with white beans and caper vinaigrette is available for you.
¼ cup of unsalted butter
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ mince shallots
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp drained capers
1tsp chopped rosemary
115 ounces can white beans
1 tsp lemon peel, finely grated
210 ounce cleaned boned butter flied trout
1 cup coarsely arugula slice
Direction to Cook :
- Prepare barbecue for medium-high heat. Cook butter within small skillet until brown. Stir the butter often, for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Mix oil, shallots, capers, vinegar, rosemary and season with vinaigrette and taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix white beans, lemon peel, and vinaigrette in medium skillet. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Brush little vinaigrette over the flesh side from trout, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skillet with white beans in edge of grill to warm it enough. Grill trout and flesh side down until it gets brown. Usually it takes about 3 minutes. Turn out over trout, grill until it cooked well for next 2 minutes. Transfer trout to plates and mix arugula into warm beans, spoons to trout.
How to Choose Fish for Weight Loss
Fish are confusing. There are wide options for your fish dishes, but how you can choose which fish that best for your weight loss diet? Should it will be redfish or whitefish, fluke or flounder, and many more for weight loss? As long as you choose the right kind of fish type you are able to achieve weight loss goals.
- Halibut fish, this fish content with low calories and high protein. The high content of amino acid make this fish able to control your metabolism.
- Oyster back set you with 43 calories. This fish provide you with 21% recommended daily consume for iron. Oyster also becomes of source for zinc, mineral that regulate appetite.
- Wild salmon is relatively high calories and fatty content. But do not make it fool you because this is the oily fish that suggest best for weight loss. Research from International Jurnal of Obesity find that eat 3-5 ounce serving from salmon fish per week is more effectively rather than low calorie diet that not include fish in their menu. Choose wild salmon that leaner than farmed salmon. This also proven significantly reduces the risk of cancer.
- Scallop is fish that great for your waistline and for your cholesterol. Eve, there are many restaurants that serve this scallops with creamy sauces that not great for weight loss, you can turn your obesity with low calories mollusk in scallops. Study from American Journal Food states that animals that fees with scallops show greater reduction in body fat and weight. Group that has fed with scallop show it has lower blood cholesterol and diet reduce obesity level rather than group with no fish intake for 4 weeks experiment.
- Tuna canned light. Tuna considered as low mercury fish and it contain with DHA that more effectively 40-70% in down regulating fat genes in abdomen that prevent belly fat cells expand the size.
- Cod fish stick you with low calories. Eat five servings from cod fish per week as your low calorie diet part for 8 weeks result and extra 3.8 pound weight loss compared with group that have same diet with no fish included. Cod content with satiating and slimming agents that come from high protein and amino acid that help to regulate body metabolism.
Combine your fish with vegetables that will complete your dietary vegetable and fiber requirement. here are recipes for weight loss that you can try at home. The recipe is Mediterranean fish roasted with vegetables.
-3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp anchovy paste
2 small fennel bulbs, trim, core and slice thinly
1 large sliced onion
6 small all purpose potatoes
114 ounce can plum tomatoes
¼ cup water
1 tsp salt
¼ fresh ground peppers
3 tbsp fine dry breadcrumbs
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 teaspon fresh grated lemon zest
1 ½ pound striped bass, cod or halibut fish. Skinned and make into 6 portions.
Direction for cooking :
- preheat your oven into 450 degree F
- mince 2 garlic cloves and set in small mixing bowl. Whisk 1 ½ tbsp oil and anchovy paste. Combine onion and fennel in baking dish, add the garlic mixture and toss it to coat.
- Roast the fennel mixture, uncover and stir occasionally until it softened for 20 or 25 minutes.
- add potatoes, tomatoes and juice with water, ¾ tsp salt and pepper. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake until potatoes get tender for approximately 35- 45 minutes.
- in other side, mince the remaining garlic cloves and place in small bowl. Add breadcrumbs, fennel seeds, the remaining ½ tbsp oil, lemon zest, ¼ tsp salt, and season with pepper. Mix using finger until it mixture well.
- If potatoes get tender, place fish in top of vegetables and spread the breadcrumbs mixture in the topping. Roast and uncover until fish get opaque in center and breadcrumb get brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
This dishes offer 349 calories, with 8 gram fat, 49 mg cholesterol, 43 gram carbohydrate, 28 gram protein, 7 gram fiber. The nutrition bonus from vegetables such as Vitamin C, potassium, folate and magnesium are able to obtain from the fish recipes.