Amazing Caramel Apple Crunch: Prep. Time: 20 minutes & Cooking Time: 1 hour, Ideal slow-cooker size: 2-qt.
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup turbinado sugar
2–3 Honeycrisp apples, cut into bite-sized chunks
½ tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Vanilla extract
½ tsp. Cornstarch
dash of nutmeg
⅛ tsp. salt
⅓ cup gluten-free or regular old-fashioned oats
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Almond flour
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1½ Tbsp. coconut oil, in solid but softened form, or butter
1. Spray crock with nonstick spray.
2. Mix the brown sugar and turbinado sugar and spread it across the bottom of the crock.
3. Toss the apples with the cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, nutmeg, and salt. Pour evenly over the sugar mix at the bottom of the crock.
4. Mix the crumble ingredients in a bowl with your fingers. Sprinkle this over the apples.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours. Let sit to cool for one more hour, with the cover off, before serving. This will allow the caramel to thicken.
Result: Amazing Caramel Apple Crunch
Have a good meal, and see you soon with new delicious ingredients.
Maybe you’ll like this Pie: Pumpkin Pie Pudding