Sweet potato recipes fries are getting popular since they offers different taste than common french fries. Even, sweet potatoes contain lot of additional vitamin, such as vitamin A and beta carotene that french fries do not have. Although sweet potato fries still have fat and calories since they are fried with oil, the amount of them is not as high as you can find at a restaurant. Usually, sweet potato fries can contain 13 gr of fat and 260 calories. This can happen since at a restaurant, the sweet potatoes are fried in a deep fryer. However, you can serve your own by following sweet potato recipes fries using oven that can save up to 11 gr of fat and 122 calories. They will taste good, save more money, and of course keep you healthy.
• Sweet potatoes (it is recommended to choose medium sized of sweet potatoes that have smooth and tone skin)
• Olive oil (2 tablespoons that are enough to coat the fries)
• Salt, pepper and spices. (You better choose cumin, cayenne pepper, curry powder, paprika, or garlic up to your preference)
• Corn starch (it is an additional ingredients)
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F while peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into pieces like stick fries shape in similar size to bake them in an even way. Remember that you have to cut in the same size, not too big nor small.
2. Next, toss the fries in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch if you like it. Then add a few tablespoons of oil that is enough to coat the fries. You can use your hands to mix the fries and oil to make it distribute evely.
3. Season the fries with soices you like, salt, and pepper. Add chili powder if you like spicy taste. Mix them well.
4. Then, pour the fries in a baking sheet with foil. It is better to set up the fries in a single line to make it crispy. You cannot pill them in one baking pan so just spread the fries in two pans.
5. Bake the fries 15 minutes and turn over the fries so they all well-cooking on all sides. You can use metal spatula to make your work easier. Bake again for 15 minutes or until the fries look crispy, marked by the colors. If you think they don’t look crispy, you can bake them longer and it is all right if it gets brown but not until burnt.
La Boite spice
If you want other spice, you can try La Boite spice to add the taste of your sweet potatoes fries. This additional spice is easy to make if you have got the ingredients. First, add the basil, chili, mustard seed and turmeric in a bowl. Mince them together as well as grind black pepper and coriander seed together. After that, add other spices, cumin and caraway seed. Mince them again with mortar or grinder until they mix well. This sweet potato recipes fries can be tried at home and surely your family will happy to taste them